1) Hi Alexandra. One of your earlier questions was the same one I wanted to ask you about ” Christine ” which was a great movie but I’ll skip over to another topic but still relating to cinema. Nowadays, a lot of films are remade thus ruining the luster and good name of the original…Psycho, for example. I mean how many different Batman movies can there possibly be? ,Since you did some movies, what do you think about the Hollywood suits remaking movies or re-imagining them into new films and what would you think if ” Christine ” was re-introduced as a remake of the 1983 film?
Thank y... Read more
1) A couple of questions: What do you think of Bernie Sanders? Also, did you go to Burning Man this year?
I did not go to Burning Man this year, although I must say Ian and I had a wonderful time when we went a couple years ago. Just last week I told him I wanted to go back again sometime! It is an amazing experience and I encourage everyone (who doesn’t mind being dusty and living in a tent or a motor home for up to a week) to go!
I admire Bernie Sanders and I have donated to his campaign. His politics align more closely with mine than do Hillary’s, whom I have not forgiven for voting to ... Read more
1) Hi Alexandra!
Not a question really, just a hello! I produced the song “Bless A Brand New Angel” that Robin & Judith Randall wrote for your Baywatch (a-hem…) funeral scene. Douglas threw me and Robin in the scene, (along with “YOU” in the blond wig! How many people know that little bit of BW history/trivia, right?!) Just heard about the new Baywatch movie in the works and started thinking about some of my most favorite involvement that I had in the shows music. I also produced “If I Could Touch You One More Time” “Friends Forever” “Only A Matter of Ti... Read more
1) Didn’t I see you as a child actor on a childrens show on PBS? You always closed your segment with I’m Alexandra Paul. I don’t see this anywhere in your bio.
I became a professional actor at 18 years old, and I have never worked on a children’s show. I did do some internet research on your question, and there was a PBS children’s show called Kidsongs and a host called Alexandra Picatto from 1993-1995. Could that have been the person of whom you are thinking?
2) It’s not a question – sorry. 20 years ago you were filming Baywatch in Malibu. I was... Read more
1) Hi Alex,
I admire your acting. also i admire how strong and how you work out. please what are your work out tips and means of staying fit.
Here are some guidelines that help me stay in shape:
Be consistent. Do at least 45 minutes of cardio 5 times a week. If you cannot do that yet, work up to the duration slowly. Exercises include brisk walking, running, cycling or an aerobics class of some sort. (Doubles tennis, golf and sex do not count.) Lifting weights and stretching should be added in for a well rounded fitness program.
Pick an activity you enjoy, and make it as enjoyable as possible. Thi... Read more
1) I was wondering how you got the role in Christine. What actresses ,if any, were you up against?
I do not know any of the actresses who also auditioned for the role of Lee in Christine, except Kelly Preston, who was instead cast in the role of the Roseanne, the beautiful classmate who has an unrequited crush on John Stockwell’s character, Dennis.
I auditioned for the role and I recall meeting John Carpenter in an office on Ventura Blvd in Studio City. I cannot recall the scene I read for him but when they called me back for the final audition, the producer told my agent that I should R... Read more
Watch my latest Lifetime movie, The Bride He Bought Online, July 18 at 8pm. I play the detective trying to figure out who is after the Mean Girls. Watch the trailer here:
... Read more